About the Project
The QGEP project is an application module being developed for the management of waste-water and the general waste-water sewage plan.
Due to a lack of satisfying professional tools, some Swiss cities and engineering companies founded QGEP to provide an operating solution based on open source software. The group gathers experts in waste-water engineering, database modeling, software development and GIS operators. The project's sources can be reached at https://github.com/qgep/QGEP
Main QGEP features
- multilingual: english, french and german are available as of today
- implements Swiss standards: VSA-DSS model. Import and export Interlis SIA 405.
- edition of the waste-water network
- CAD-like construction tools
- network following tools (downstream, upstream and between nodes)
- profile view of channels/reaches
- advanced symbology and printing of maps and profiles
- interfaces to hydraulic modeling software
- maintenance documentation and planning (e.g. TV inspection, jetting and repairs)
To contribute to the development, please consider joining the QGEP group (see QGEP membership form).
QGEP is organized as a sub entity of the Swiss QGIS user group and supervised by a project steering committee. For further information please contact email@example.com
The current steering committee is compound of:
- Stefan Burckhardt, Zurich (Project lead, administration, waste-water specialist)
- Denis Rouzaud, SIGE Vevey (technical aspects, GIS specialist)
- Konradin Fischer, Fischer Ingenieure Arbon (waste-water specialist)
- Andreas Neumann, Kanton of Zug (treasurer, GIS specialist)
In addition, there are two other people active in the project group: Matthias Kuhn (OpenGIS; developer) and Urs Kaufmann (Holinger AG, Thun; developer of the former GepView project and waste-water specialist). From Romania, there are additional contributors: Tudor Barascu and Bogdan Vaduva.